Thursday, November 26, 2009

On Thanksgiving

We were lucky enough to have family visiting us last weekend, so we took advantage and had our turkey dinner on Sunday. This means that we've been eating our Thanksgiving leftovers all week long, so we weren't really in the mood for another traditional meal. Instead, we started our day with a big Austin tradition - the Turkey Trot!
I took Leah and Lincoln downtown early this morning to run in the Kids K (of course, I forgot my camera) and after we spent a couple of hours jumping in the bouncy house and making turkey hats and sand bracelets. We had a great time and it got our day off to a nice start.

When we got home, we piled the rest of the boys in the car and went driving around town looking for a place to eat - we settled for Steak 'n Shake where we enjoyed some yummy burgers and fries and even yummier milkshakes.

Sometimes it's really nice to just slow down and enjoy your family and realize how blessed you really are to have such wonderful kids and an amazing husband and good health and get to live in this great country. I am indeed thankful!

1 comment:

The Hedquists said...

Now this sounds great! I spent all day wondering why I was separating myself from the family stressing over dinner that the kids did not touch. . . .