Monday, January 25, 2010

In No Hurry

I love that my children can't tell time - even more, I love that they have no concept of time (hours, minutes, etc.) If you're wondering why... take a look at this conversation that we had in the car on the way to the park today.

Mom: When we get to the park, you can play for 1 hour and then it will be time to go home.

Leah: Can't we play for 2 hours Mom?

Lincoln: I think we should play for 4 hours!

Leah: When we went to the park with Dad he let us play for 10 minutes!

Mom: Okay, how about we play for 20 minutes and then go home?

Leah & Lincoln: Yeah! Alright! We get to play for a long time!

I don't know about you, but that is my kind of negotiation! Why would anyone be in a hurry to lose that kind of power?

3 comments:

Jennie said...

LOVE it! Cherish that power, mom - I love that all three of your (big) kids are still under the no sense of time spell. Hooray!

Corrine said...

thats great I love it, wish we could come play at the park with you for like 200 seconds :) thats a LONG time!

Mary Sunshine said...

That's awesome! It reminds me of the Shel Silverstein poem about the kid who changed one bill for two coins and wondered why his dad got mad when he came home with five pennies.