Friday, February 26, 2010

Third Child, Second Son

In our family, the third child-second son has the reputation of being a charmer - the kind of person who can sell ice to an Eskimo. Not every family is lucky enough to have one of these, but both my dad and my brother fall into this category and Peter is quickly showing himself to be worthy of the title.He has grown up so much in the last few months and is very much the mischievous little boy (as opposed to the innocent toddler), but he's so stinking cute that it's really hard to get mad at him about anything!
"Mom! Dad! I so glad you're here!"

We have to keep reminding ourselves that he's only two because he talks like a much older child, taking his time to make sure he gets the words right.
"Well, you know, guys...."
Luckily, we still get some of the cute syntax reversals to help us out:
"Don't like it naps!"

He's also a little carnivore. He's a really good eater in general, but especially loves any kind of meat - although he calls it all chicken. We had a turkey at my parent's the other day and he insisted on eating the drumstick.
"I want to eat da bone"


Peter also loves his baby brother very much... I've actually been surprised that I haven't had to deal with any jealousy issues, but I'm not complaining!
"Hey! Dat's my brother!"
"I love E-i, he da best brother I ever had!"


This cute boy loves playing outside, building with Legos, and being chased.
We love you Peter!
"You love me?"
(said with an impish look on his face)

4 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

So, so cute! Cute boy, cute post! Your description of him reminds me of Noah. If he is cute and mischievous in the same way as Noah, all I can say is, "Good luck next year when he's 3!"

Jennie said...

That's a super cute post to get insight into a super cute boy. I wish I could be there to know him during this darling phase =)

KID, MD said...

What a sweetheart!! I keep looking at him, trying to decided which of you he looks more like, but I think he's just a wonderful blend!

Corrine said...

he is such a cutie and sounds like a neat little guyy!