My dear sweet husband took a few days off work last week so I could escape for a little (much needed) girl time with some of my roommates from BYU days. We missed those who couldn't make it, but had a fabulous time!
I flew into Oakland Thursday evening and on Friday morning Jennie and I drove down to San Luis Obispo where we met up with Shannon and Melinda and stayed in a gorgeous historic house right in the heart of downtown. We were all in love with the beautiful detailing throughout the house - and especially with the kitchen which was the perfect blend of updated appliances and restored original fixtures.


While we spent most of our time talking and laughing, we did squeeze in a few other activities such as:
Hiking Montana de Oro
Unfortunately, the fog rolled in as we were climbing so our view disappeared! The flowers were beautiful, but this is what our view should have looked like...

Getting Chinese foot/body massages
(for you Lori!)
Going to a show of the Great American Melodrama near Pismo Beach


and walking on the beach at Morro Bay
Jennie's 2 month old baby joined us for the whole weekend, and Shannon's little boy missed his mama so he came along to the beach on Monday to give his grandma a break.
Unfortunately, the fog rolled in as we were climbing so our view disappeared! The flowers were beautiful, but this is what our view should have looked like...

Getting Chinese foot/body massages
(for you Lori!)
Going to a show of the Great American Melodrama near Pismo Beach

and walking on the beach at Morro Bay
Jennie's 2 month old baby joined us for the whole weekend, and Shannon's little boy missed his mama so he came along to the beach on Monday to give his grandma a break.
Sunday afternoon we were able to spend some time with Melinda's family who live there in SLO. We hung out with her brothers quite a bit at BYU as well so it was fun to see them again. These reunions (we try to get together every three years or so) have created some wonderful memories - I love seeing everyone and admiring their beautiful families and renewing these incredible friendships.
These amazing women truly helped me make the most of my time at BYU and create a home away from home. Hopefully next time we'll be able to draw in those who couldn't make it this year - mark your calendars girls! We'll see you in three years!
These amazing women truly helped me make the most of my time at BYU and create a home away from home. Hopefully next time we'll be able to draw in those who couldn't make it this year - mark your calendars girls! We'll see you in three years!










3 comments:
I LOVE SLO-town! Sounds like a fun time.
Missing you! I love your synopsis and your pictures. I have like 2. So I'm going to have to steal from you! I'm looking forward to the next (much needed) getaway weekend. Do we have to wait 3 years? It's been hard to face reality since getting back.
I'm sad :( Who knows, in 3 years we may be moving back to the U.S. which will make it much easier for me to join my loves! Glad you had such a great time together. BTW--who's on skype? I should at least be visiting with you guys that way.
Post a Comment