Monday, August 23, 2010

Off They Go!

Hooray!
First Day of School!

Here's my girl - she's a pro at this school thing now.
She's pretty confident about what to expect and we hear that her teacher is really great.
The first grade is really big this year for some reason (Leah's class has 30 students!) so they will probably create a new class sometime in the next couple of weeks - we'll see how things go.


And here's my big kindergartner. He is so excited to go to school like Leah - and she's spent the last two weeks explaining all the ins and outs of kindergarten to him. Lincoln was lucky enough to get the only male kindergarten teacher - which he thinks is pretty cool. I was excited about that too, because I got to know him last year and thought Lincoln would do really well in his class - but I was afraid to hope for it since he actually taught 1st grade last year and I wasn't sure if that would continue this year.

We were stopped on the way in to school by one of the local news stations asking us what was most exciting about starting school. I'll post the link if we make the cut :)

While I didn't get emotional this year, I will admit to feeling like I just wanted to stay and watch and make sure everything would be okay. Well, only a couple more hours and I'll get to hear all about it.... stay tuned!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Woa...Lincoln is in Kindergarden!! I hope they had a fun day :)

Corrine said...

emily starts kinder this week and I think I am much more nervous than with any of the others...sure she will do great but wow they grow up so fast. hope all went well.

Nellie said...

How exciting! Two in school! Hope all keeps going great - such cute kiddos!

Dice said...

I think every mother feels that way the 1st day of school. My oldest is starting 6th grade and I still want to make sure she's ok. Hope all went well. My kids' 1st day is tomorrow!