Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last weeks of summer

How did we spend our last few weeks of summer?


A day at IKEA for some free indoor playtime and a free lunch!
Eli declared himself the clean up crew - as the older kids decided they were done eating, he would reach over and pull their plate over to his spot so he could finish their leftovers.
No wonder he wears the same size clothes as his older brother!


A field trip to the Capital of Texas Zoo.
We got there right as they opened, but it was already hot!
We spent about an hour looking at the animals, then ate lunch in front of a power fan.

This lemur was ready to play - or maybe he just smelled our lunch.

The lion thought we were crazy for being out in the heat - I tend to agree!


So we headed for home and made our own water park in the back yard - which turned into a mud wallow... I guess if animals can stay cool this way, kids can too?

I think we'll be ready for school to start next week!

1 comment:

Editt said...

Looks like a lot of hot fun! I love how much Eli ate! Now if only my eli ate the same way.