Eli (aka Captain Chaos) turned three last week, but since Dad was in Puerto Rico we waited until he came home for the festivities.
He was thrilled to be able to open presents just for him and loved the coloring books, puzzles, Mr Potato Heads, and his new baseball cap.
While all of my kids are very active, Eli is by far my most physical. He has the most amazing balance and can climb things most three year olds won't attempt unless mom is standing nearby. I've learned to just hold my breath and be ready to run to the rescue (although that rarely is needed).
He and Peter have a great time playing together (usually) and it is sometimes a challenge to keep them busily engaged in something constructive. I can always tell when I'm falling down on the job because I find lipstick smeared all over my mirrors and bed or cheese scattered across the carpet or yogurt paintings on the windows. Sigh.
We love his craziness and his energy even when we are left exhausted at the end of the day.
Thanks for keeping us on our toes Eli!
Happy Birthday!












No comments:
Post a Comment