I got to take the Activity Day girls on their first 5K today!
Their leader has been helping to organize the event here in Austin, but just had a baby so she wasn't able to run with them... so I got to instead :)
Color Me Rad is a color run - which means that every 1K you have to run through a gauntlet of volunteers who spray you with either wet or dry color. It was a super fun way to run and an easy way to keep track of how far we'd run.
Here are the before and after pics:
The girls had a blast and were really good about helping each other finish the race,
which ended in a blast of color as everyone got their own color bomb to celebrate.
We also joined in the color mosh pit for a few rounds at the end, just to make sure all of our white was sufficiently dyed.
The verdict: 4 thumbs up... and some serious contemplation about the next race.
Definitely a great way to run your first 5K!











3 comments:
Awesome idea for an activity - I am going to copy you!
is Leah in YW already???
That looks like such a fun activity! I'm glad the girls enjoyed it!
Post a Comment