Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Silence is Broken

I know... I haven't blogged in forever. It's not necessarily that I don't have anything to blog about - it's more that I don't have enough hands and arms and spare time to do it in. Peter is in a "need Momma" stage and more often than not wants to be wherever I am - preferably in my arms. Have you ever tried to blog with a toddler sitting on your lap? Not so fun. Also, I now find myself competing for computer time with two preschoolers and two adults. So while I'm busy cleaning up messes or trying to redirect some destructive activity, someone else manages to claim the coveted seat and I get bumped from the rotation... until at last it is too late and I'd rather go to sleep anyway :)

Then Nellie tagged me on her blog and gave me a reason to fight through the stupor and ignore the little hands grabbing at my ankles... so here it is:

INDULGENCES:
1. smooth, dark chocolate
2. a good book
3. super creamy ice cream - eaten alone after the children are in bed!

FEARS:
1. losing my children in large crowds
2. silverfish - okay that's more something that gives me the heebies
3. getting bit by a mosquito carrying somethiing awful

SURPRISES:
1. I almost went to grad school in forensics - way before all these CSI shows became so popular - but I decided it would be too morbid to do that kind of work day in and day out
2. I'll try almost anything once... went skydiving in high school and rockclimbing just after Peter was born
3. My goal this year has been to find ways to cook things that I've never liked, i.e. cauliflower and brussel sprouts (I aim high)

FAVORITE TV SHOWS
1. CSI:NY - see above
2. Life
3. Samantha Who? - esp. when I get to watch it with Andrew 'cuz we get such a laugh out of it.

THINGS I DID TODAY
1. Had RS Presidency meeting
2. Vacuumed
3. Posted on my blog (more of an accomplishment than most might think!)

THINGS I AM WISHING FOR
1. my foundation to miraculously realign
2. my kids to learn to clean their room
3. rain

THINGS I LOVE
1. the smell of my neighbor's bbq
2. my baby's belly laugh
3. when my kids play together nicely

THINGS I HATE
1. potty training
2. whining
3. clogged toilets

And I now tag Tara, Marci, and Corrine

5 comments:

Marci said...

i've been thinking about you so i'm glad you blogged. next time i watch csi i'll try to picture you kickin' down doors. i still really like your music list!

Nellie said...

Very cool post, Michele! I agree with Marci above -- CSI will be more interesting to me now that I know you were into it. Actually I did enjoy that show once upon a time, so when the dust settles from our move, I'll have to check the TV listings.

merathon said...

your foundation? oh no! what's going on?

Jennie said...

ditto on the indulgences! nice to hear from you again =) hey, and can I move in too? I've just about had enough of living in California.

Erin said...

Did you all actually get television... oh wait, you just watch episodes online don't you? :)