Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy King's Day!

That at least sounds a little better than a late Happy New Year... King's Day was the big party day of the Christmas season when I was living in Spain. Traditionally, this is the day when the Three Kings (or Three Wise Men) found the Christ Child and presented him with their gifts. Therefore, it is the day designated for gift-giving rather than Christmas Day, which is celebrated in a more religious fashion. And, if you start counting on December 25th - today is actually the 12th day of Christmas - so don't take all those decorations down yet!

Anyway, it has now been one year since I started this blog and I decided I was more than overdue for a little face lift as well as an update on the family picture. We finally had a family portrait taken back in September - and I've decided that I much prefer the informal photo sessions with my dad to any sort of studio experience.
January 2008

All the kids have grown so much since the last photo that was posted. Leah is now five and asks me everyday if today is the day she gets to start school (apparently I wasn't specific enough in saying she couldn't go to school until she was five). Lincoln is three and therefore, that is his favorite number. Peter just turned one and is turning into quite a chatterbox - now if only we knew what he was saying...
September 2008

We are looking forward to a fun and adventurous new year and hope you are all doing the same.
Here's to 2009!!

5 comments:

Charly said...

Logan did the same thing when she turned 5..."But mom, you said I get to go to school when I am five!" Good luck with then explaining 'new school year'..."Is it Happy New Year yet? So I can start school?" *sigh* Cute pictures though!

Corrine said...

cute picture.

you know we could squeeze a informal family shoot in before i leave :)

Nellie said...

I, too prefer the informal family shots, however, no matter what kind, at least you are doing them! I MUST do better.

The kids look so big -- it has been way too long since we have seen you guys!

Jennie said...

Informal is cute, but you must love this studio version! Very cute all sitting in a row =)

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Darling kids! I saw your post on PW Cooks about being scared spitless of yeast breads...fear no more! Come on over to my blog and see if I can help you! I have step-by-step recipes and will be posting a video tutorial on 100% whole wheat bread.
Good luck!

friedalovesbread.blogspot.com