I think my favorite age so far has been between 12 and 18 months. Kids that age are just so dang cute and they don't yet have the attitude that just gets right under my skin. Usually they're walking and they pretty much understand most of what you say to them, so they aren't quite so high maintenance. This is the time when my kids start engaging in conversation as well - mimicking our inflections and the sounds we make. Peter likes to just babble at us and is pretty content just to have us acknowledge that he's talking, even if we have no idea what he's saying.Peter has also discovered books and will spend long stretches of time just sitting and looking at the stories that we read him at night. His favorites so far are the Sandra Boynton books. The other day he found one that he hadn't seen before because it was on a different bookshelf and he came running to show it to me so we could read it.


I'm sure their cuteness factor at this point is a huge part of the reason so many siblings are about two years apart. They just make you want to have another one....







6 comments:
I can't spell, so let me try this again! I totally agree with you, this age is my favorite too! Evan is at this age too and he is just so cute. Your video of Peter is just like Evan, they are so busy right now, but not annoying-haha! I love it!
you have cute kids... we are excited to meet baby #4!
We love Sandra Boynton at our house! I saw Marci's comment...are you expecting?
Are you trying to tell us something? You're gonna have to be a little more direct than that unless you just want everyone to gossip about you...
Peter is a doll, just like his siblings. I'm sure any more would be just the same.
amen to the love the 12-18 month stage.... for the same reasons, too. And I still call my 6 year old my Snuggle Puppy. And what? Could you possibly be brave enough for another child so soon???! Wow.
hey why not keep up with us :)
I love this age too. Timmy is so much fun, though into everything...
he loves to sing...
he broke his foot too!
Post a Comment