Thursday, June 4, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Andrew and I decided to take advantage of his annual immigration conference this year by escaping from the kids for a few days and heading to Vegas (Thanks Mom and Dad!).

Although our trip didn't get off to the smoothest start... our plane sat on the runway for an hour while we waited for a thunderstorm to pass and then arrived in Vegas to find that we couldn't check into our hotel because their computers were down and they didn't actually know which rooms were available... but by 10pm we were in our room and we are now having a very relaxing time.

This morning I spent some time walking a small section of the strip and here are some sites for our kids to enjoy:
The view from our roomThe gondoliers inside the hotelSt. Mark's Plaza - again, inside the hotelThe rain gardens at the Palazzowith plenty of umbrellas for everyone.

And with that, I'm going to go sit in the pool for awhile with my book...
I'll post more pics later kids.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're making me jealous with your bit about the pool and the book. Sounds like you had a great time!
PS - the plane experience could have been 100 times worse if your kids were with you!