Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautiful Girl

This young lady is now 7 years old!!!

We ended up celebrating her over several days.
We started on Monday with cake and presents here at home -
She asked for a castle cake... turns out most of the designs online either involve 4 cake mixes(!!!) or lots of plastic flotsam, so I came up with this minimized version.

Today she took these candied apple treats to school to share with her class.
And next week we'll have the annual gingerbread house party - so stay tuned to see how that turns out!


I know it sounds kitschy, but I really do remember so vividly bringing her home from the hospital and feeling like I was in way over my head.
There are still days when either Andrew and I will ask "What should we do?"
only to see the other shrug their shoulders and say "I have no idea!"

But really, Leah has made our job pretty easy.
She may be headstrong and opinionated,
but she's also responsible and caring and creative.

We are so glad to have her in our family to set the example for all the boys around here!
Happy Birthday Lovely Leah!

5 comments:

LB said...

Happy Birthday Leah!! I think about you everyday and I wish you tons of fun! Hope you had a great day and I can't wait to see you!

Charly said...

I loved your comment about looking at each other wondering what you should do...Casey and I do that often! It's not just that you learning day by day with your first brand new baby...but it's also all new every single day. Anyway, Happy Birthday to Miss Leah! I bet she's still as sweet as ever!

Melissa said...

What...you didn't want to use 4 cake mixes? Happy Birthday to Leah!! The time has gone fast.

Nellie said...

Happy Birthday! I am late, but I hope it was great! Lovely, indeed!!!

Corrine said...

happy birthday Leah!!! miss you guys!