Since we were just down in Houston last weekend - and since we had a thanksgiving style dinner while we were there - we decided it would be okay to stay home today.
We started the day out early running in the Turkey Trot.(Notice the shorts and t-shirts... it was about 75 degrees out this morning)
The kids did a great job! They definitely earned their t-shirts.We hung out for a little while after the race - making some crafts, eating some snacks,



and checking out the wildlife...

before heading over to the park to get some more wiggles out.




Then we relaxed at home (some lucky kids got to take naps - although I'm quite sure they didn't appreciate the opportunity) until time for dinner
at the Steak 'n Shake!It was enjoyed by all - especially me since I didn't have to cook or clean up!

Here we are after dinner... notice the difference in what we're wearing?
The temperature dropped about 30 degrees between 12 and 4 so we had to dig out warmer clothing. That didn't stop us from getting yummy ice cream shakes though!







2 comments:
sounds so fun! Maybe I will have to do the same next year -- B&E, S&A, Mom -- they won't mind!
jealous of your 75 degree morning! we opted NOT to do the turkey trot that morning because it was still in the teens at 9 am! I MISS AUSTIN!
Post a Comment