Monday, November 1, 2010

Which Witch Are You?

We've been having some problems at our house with whining lately, so at the beginning of October we had a FHE lesson to talk about it. We decided to make a goal to be more willing and less whiny. Each time someone was caught being willing witch or whiny witch(by doing any of the things listed on the cauldrons) they would get a sticker in the cauldron.

On Halloween, we counted to see which cauldron had the most stickers...
It was a very close race, but the willing witches came out ahead and won the Halloween treat!



BANANA SPLITS!
It was a nice consolation prize for not getting to go trick or treating.

Good to the last drop!


Despite not going trick or treating, we still managed to amass a large quantity of candy from all the parties over the last week. So we were all pleased to get a visit from another witch - the Candy Witch!
She took away all but a few pieces of our candy and left these fun toys in their place.
I've heard a rumor that she delivers the candy to the bishop so he can pass it out to the kids a couple of pieces at a time on Sundays.

6 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

Such fabulous ideas! I'm totally stealing them. You had really cute trick-or-treaters! Love the carrot!

Karen said...

Michele
What a fun mom you are. Great ideas!

LB said...

Yeah I'm glad they made it to the banana splits! they look like a happy bunch

Editt said...

What a great idea! We are having the same problem in this home. Maybe I should do a Thanksgiving theme, but all I can think of is ripe produce in a cornucopia vs rotting produce. Love the idea, will definitely use it once I figure out how.

Sarah said...

I think might be a willing Elf and a whiny Elf at my house. I love this idea! You're brilliant for thinking of it and fabulous for sharing it!

Corrine said...

you are so clever, love the caldrin idea!