We became animal rescuers today when Peter came running in from the backyard calling, "Mama, Mama there's an animal in the grass outside!" Since I couldn't see anything from the house, I figured he had found the remains of a bird or mouse. However, when I went outside for a closer look, I found these little guys...
I was amazed that they were still alive because they must have fallen out of their nest - at least 20 feet up in our cedar elm. So we boxed them up and took them out to Austin Wildlife Rescue.
I think Leah was secretly hoping they would already be closed so we could keep them overnight, but these guys were pretty small and I don't think they would have survived. They went straight to the incubator at the Rescue Center. And the kids have a great story to tell at school tomorrow.
Lentil & Rice Salad
12 years ago








3 comments:
okay now I see who is who and that there are 3. May be the cutest thing Ive seen so far in 2011.
I have never seen baby squirrels - that is pretty cool. I bet the kids loved talking about their new friends at school, they probably would have liked to bring them in for show and tell!
Eww. Too rodent-like for me . . . Their poor mama must be worried!
Post a Comment