Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baking Cookies?

Independence Day around here tends to be a little on the crazy side... or at least it seems so to someone like me who isn't really big on crowds.  For that reason, we made an effort to find things to do around the house today.


Our first order of business was to get some cookies in the oven - the oven in this case being our car.
I recently read somewhere online about someone doing this, so we decided to give it a try.  The website suggested that it works best with slice and bake style cookies, so our dough has been rolled up in the fridge awaiting the perfect conditions.

Today probably could have been a little hotter, but it was close enough.  We started at about 11am.


Here are the cookies about half way through (1 pm)


And here is our finished product at around 3 pm.  The cookies don't get brown like they do in an oven, but they were definitely cooked!  And tasty!

They do take a long time to bake, so while we were waiting we made insect and fairy pictures

Then we fired up the grill and ate some tasty hamburgers with roasted corn on the cob!
And finally, we walked up the hill to watch the fireworks over downtown.
My kids aren't big on loud noises - and I don't like crowds - so we had the perfect seats to enjoy the show!

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is really cool!!

Editt said...

How fun! I want to try. Did you include a link? I want to learn more. I guess I should go back and look :) Thanks for sharing!