Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daniel and the Lion's Den

 
 When Leah turned 8, she was able to start attending Activity Days - a program our church created for girls ages 8-12.  There are only two other girls this age in our ward so they were thrilled to have Leah join their ranks.  I absolutely LOVE these girls!  They encourage each other to read their scriptures and share their testimony on Fast Sunday.  I will take quality over quantity any day!!

So... the point of this post is to share the culmination of almost a year of hard work on the part of these girls and their awesome Activity Days leader.  Since just before Leah joined them, they have been working on a puppet show of Daniel and the Lion's Den.

These amazing girls made the rod puppets (including paper mache heads), wrote the script, and came up with songs to turn it into a musical!  Then they performed it twice for the Primary and again for the Young Women and other assorted ward members.  They did a wonderful job!

I'm posting a video of one of their shows here for those who are interested.  Be forewarned that it is about 10 minutes long, but it is very enjoyable.  I apologize in advance for the shaky camera work in the middle when Eli decided he needed to sit on my lap.





In case you couldn't tell from the video, Leah was the voice behind the Daniel puppet.
She had such a great time working on this project!  
I can't wait to see what they come up with next...


2 comments:

LB said...

WOWZA!!! Leah, this is great! The puppets are amazing and you guys did such a great job presenting it, songs and everything. Erich and I really enjoyed watching it and look forward to seeing any future productions!

Really, well done!

Thanks for posting it Michele!

Reianna said...

We loved the performance in primary! The girls did a fabulous job!