Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Traditions

We woke up Christmas Eve to this parting gift left by our elf, Felix.
Silly old elf!

We enjoyed a relaxing day playing games and sneaking off to wrap gifts when we could.
Lincoln and I also took a last minute trip to the store to buy fish for our traditional Jerusalem Dinner.
Cheese and flatbreads and fruit and nuts and yummy poached fish!
Although I have to say, I think the kids favorite part of the dinner is the fact that we eat by candlelight.
If it was up to them, we'd eat that way every night!
 

We finished the evening with a rather unconventional nativity performance that included a ladybug and what appears to be a Nephite.
Andrew and I then enjoyed the one night of the year when our kids don't complain about having to go to bed and stayed up way too late ourselves, knowing full well that we would be awakened pretty early the next morning.

No comments: