Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Big Day

 The last few years we have really enjoyed not traveling on Christmas.  It takes so much of the stress and busyness out of the holiday and allows us to just enjoy the day with our kids.  Not that we don't love our celebrations with family during the month - it's just nice not to have to add travel into the normal craziness of the holiday.

The kids must have been good this year...
Before

and After!

This was a very Lego filled holiday for the kids with a few games and clothes mixed in.

After spending a leisurely morning together, we finally got dressed and headed out to enjoy lunch with a single sister from church - who may have gotten more than she bargained for with our crazy kids.  Luckily the weather was beautiful if a bit windy (like blow the kids over windy!) so we had them run around outside to minimize the chaos.

And just when the wind blew in enough cold weather to chase us back indoors, we headed across the street to enjoy the good company (and excellent cooking!) of our neighbors.
We finally headed home to Skype with family members before bedtime.
It turned out to be a wonderfully relaxing day.

As a side note, I have to post this picture because I was actually kind of amazed that I got them to come together in the end - there were some moments when I wasn't sure they would!  My sister got married in September and I made these stockings for her and her husband.

Hopefully they'll be able to enjoy them for many years to come!

No comments: