Monday, August 5, 2013

Enchanted Wedding

Andrew has now been bishop for just over two years, and while he's conducted several funerals, he had never performed any weddings (which I guess is a good thing since it means people are getting married in the temple).  However, this summer that all changed.  He had the opportunity to perform two weddings just in the last month.

The first was a wedding for a couple who had been meeting with the missionaries and wanted to get baptized.  They got married at Chapel Dulcinea - a very cool open air chapel just south of Austin that is free to anyone who wants to get married.  I didn't get to attend that wedding with him, but I did get to attend the next one he performed


I knew A when she was a Young Woman in our ward many years ago.  Her boyfriend decided to get baptized so they picked this gorgeous location to be married.  Here they are with their 3 year old daughter who was thrilled with the whole production (although I still don't know how A made it up the trail in those heels!)

I guess if you can't get married in the temple, this isn't a bad consolation... but we fully expect to see them in San Antonio next summer!

No comments: