Wow! Summer went by so quickly this year (despite the lull that always seems to hit right as August gets here - maybe it's the heat...) Now we have just a week until school starts, so what else have we been up to?
Here are the highlights:
Lincoln went to basketball camp with his friend JD.
We followed that with a leadership camp for Leah and an art camp for both Leah and Lincoln.
We followed that with a leadership camp for Leah and an art camp for both Leah and Lincoln.
We attended LOTS of library programs - puppet shows, live music, arts and crafts....
but this was one of our favorites - Terrence the Tap Dance Man.
The kids were in stitches the whole time and all three of the older ones got to "help" tell him how to dance.
Reading LOTS of books!
Here is just a sampling of the free books we've received this summer through all the different summer reading programs!
Eating at Chick-Fil-A!
Tearing apart our kitchen - and putting it back together again...mostly
(more on that later, let's just say it's still a work in progress)
Eating at Chick-Fil-A!
Tearing apart our kitchen - and putting it back together again...mostly
(more on that later, let's just say it's still a work in progress)
And we have also been swimming - almost every day!
For those who are wondering, Eli is not wearing a shirt in this picture.
We found a pool not far from our house that keeps everyone happy - it has a large 2 - 2 1/2 foot area for the little boys, but it also has an even larger 4-11 foot section where the big kids spend all their time.
I got really frustrated with the city because they kept cancelling the swim lessons I had signed everyone up for, so finally I taught Lincoln myself using these online swim lessons as a guide. I would have taught the others as well, but they were much less cooperative and really just wanted to play so we'll try again next year.
This summer has been much more fun for me since the kids are older and I don't have to do everything for everyone anymore. That is the sweet part of the bittersweet aging process...
We have had a great time and the "I'm bored" days have been few and far between (thankfully!)
I definitely think we're ready for a new year filled with exciting changes at our awesome elementary school so come back to see how things are going!
I got really frustrated with the city because they kept cancelling the swim lessons I had signed everyone up for, so finally I taught Lincoln myself using these online swim lessons as a guide. I would have taught the others as well, but they were much less cooperative and really just wanted to play so we'll try again next year.
This summer has been much more fun for me since the kids are older and I don't have to do everything for everyone anymore. That is the sweet part of the bittersweet aging process...
We have had a great time and the "I'm bored" days have been few and far between (thankfully!)
I definitely think we're ready for a new year filled with exciting changes at our awesome elementary school so come back to see how things are going!










2 comments:
Swimming is the way to go! :)
can't wait to see your new kitchen!
Post a Comment