Tuesday, July 15, 2008

If you tell me my house is a mess....

...I will tell you that Peter is teething. I swear, that boy has about 5 teeth coming in at once right now. The result? He doesn't sleep very well - and correspondingly, I don't sleep very well. This leaves me in a semi-comatose state for most of the day and renders me physically incapable of cleaning my house. Oh, I definitely see the mess... and it makes me anxious... but when it comes to actually cleaning it up I feel a disturbing apathy and have absolutely no desire to do so. My method of coping with this is to try to keep my destructive kids out of the house for most of the day, but inevitably, I will turn my back for a few minutes and all of their clothes will be scattered across their room along with all the toys they simply dumped on the floor. I keep thinking I'm going to vacuum one of these days, but that would require a visible surface to vacuum. I'll have to bite the bullet tomorrow though as my MIL is coming in to town and I don't want to look like a total slacker. Thankfully, my DH will actually do a lot of the cleaning in a rather endearing frenzy when it's his mother coming to visit. Luckily, my mom already knows I'm a slacker so no harm done. :)

6 comments:

Corrine said...

i am sorry I can't come help and clean. It is almost a fruitless effort I think. Sorry about the no sleep! i am there with you. Timmy thinks he still needs to wake at midnight and four am...not giving me the needed rest for me to fully function...

KID, MD said...

I feel your pain as well. I keep telling myself that some day Logan will sleep through the night... Can I go back to residency when I only worked 80 hours a week?

Nellie said...

Why do we think we have to clean everything for when company comes? It is annoying, and my tolerance for un-tidiness gets greater with the birth of each child and does not return, even when they do sleep through the night. When this house sells, I am going to be an even bigger slacker, that's for sure!!

Marci said...

where did your music go? i miss it.. we don't have a radio so we just listen to thorleyllp instead. oh well.

Marci said...

thank you for my music michele!

Byron and Tara said...

I am sooo sorry.Zion got his first two teeth a couple of weeks ago and boy howdy was he a grouch!!!