We are trying to wean Lincoln off of his pacifier. Right now, he only gets it at night when he goes to sleep, but we are trying to get rid of it there as well. Last night, he fell asleep while we were "looking for" his ya-ya (his name for it), so we thought maybe we could make some progress... however, when I went to investigate some whimpering about three hours later I found him tossing and turning and crying in his sleep "I can't find it... I can't find my... I can't find it... I can't find my ya-ya". It really was the saddest thing I've ever heard - who would've thought you could go through withdrawal over a pacifier!
Lentil & Rice Salad
12 years ago







4 comments:
Hey! I feel your pain...we finally cut the paci cord ourselves with Linley a few months ago. Wasn't very pretty, but we just went cold turkey one night too. Linley had "broken" hers by biting one of them, so they all became "broken" and had to get thrown away. So sad...
P.S....do you know Bryn (voices in my head blog...)? They were in our ward, how do you guys know them?
we need to do that for Em...its just hard at late nights...how goes potty training?
My mom tied Danny's to the bed with a string only long enough to reach if he was positioned just right. I did the same with Henry when he had one -- I would find him there ocasionally getting his bink fix, and then he was off! It never got lost, either. Just a suggestion, and it works wonders for getting them to stay in their beds for naps, etc.
Post a Comment