Obstinance is a family trait around here - I'm told we get it through my mother's side (of course, that's my father talking... so not exactly unbiased... and sorry if I just got you in trouble Dad). And just in case you were wondering, this is much more than your run-of-the-mill stubborn streak - this is the I-know-I'm-perfectly-capable-of-doing-this-but-because-you-want-me-to-I'm-not-going-to stubborness... which as any parent will testify is then amplified by 10 in a three year old. 

This particular three year old is no exception - in fact, I think he inherited a full quota of obstinance from both parents and, when he's not turning on the charm and being the sweetest boy around, he is not afraid to use that stubborn streak to his advantage.
Which is why getting him potty trained was a big deal around here! We tried every bribe and psychological tactic we could think of... but no dice. Personally, I think he was just holding out for the big score. He saw me making cupcakes one night for church and was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't eat them so Andrew jumped in and told him we would make cupcakes just for him if he would start using the potty. Hmm... a clever boy could turn this into another party, could he not? A sort of unbirthday birthday party?
With puppy and kitty cat cupcakes...
And Grandma and Papa and Aunt Lisa...
and Lightning McQueen underwear!
Our little man was all worn out by the end of the day,but it was worth it!
And now I never have to buy diapers again!!!









5 comments:
Good job, Lincoln. Way to give your parents a break. But Michele, aren't you getting a little hasty in the non-diaper-buying department? What about little Peter? Is he potty trained already too?
Ah yes... but Peter is in cloth diapers - and I've already bought all I need :)
I love that first picture!
how are you liking the cloth diapers? i've thought about it each time, but always defaulted to the lame disposables because i didn't end up doing enough research to decide on a cloth brand!
isn't it nice having just one kid in diapers?
Oh the wailing (from me) going on over here...I like this idea a lot..maybe I should modify it to a party for me!! She is quite fine with peeing in her diaper...and her panties. AAAAHHHHH!!!
Post a Comment