Monday, March 23, 2009

Hot Underwear

Thanks to those mission skills for once again helping me resolve a "concern".

We've been having trouble convincing Lincoln that he needs to change his underwear every night. Finally, last night, I asked him why he didn't want to change out of his dirty underwear.
His answer? "I like hot underwear Mom."

Apparently, the underwear straight out of the drawer was a bit cold compared to the pair he'd been wearing all day.
He agreed to put on a fresh pair if I could make them "hot".
Which is how I found myself microwaving underwear at 7:00 last night.
(8-10 seconds for those who are interested)

Next step, teach him how to use the microwave so he can heat up his own underwear!

9 comments:

LB said...

ok THAT is awesome! I think you win mother of the year for microwaving your son's underwear! I love it!

KID, MD said...

The things we do for our children... I'm going to laugh about this one all night.

Charly said...

Now answer me this, did you EVER in your life think that one day as a mother you would be microwaving your childs underwear to make them "hot"??? I don't remember reading that in the job description. Haha!

Jennie said...

Oh, I totally laughed out loud on this one.... several times. THANK YOU, Lincoln!!!!!

Alexa said...

HA ha ha ha ha! That's TOO funny!

Corrine said...

that is classic!!! just be careful he doesnn't nuke them so they catch on fire....now that would be fun!

Nellie said...

That is hilarious! SO glad you recorded this one for all to read -- I needed a good laugh. 8-10 seconds, huh? To think I thought resisting an underwear change was just a boy thing . . .

Sarah said...

Oh dear me! That's so funny to me because our little guy makes us iron his underwear before he'll wear it. He likes it warm and toasty, too! How bizarre!

Tori said...

That is so funny. I love it!