I have discovered the more practical reason for food storage - to tide us over when I don't have the guts to go grocery shopping. Andrew was out of town last week and didn't get back until late Saturday night... it's times like these that I am reminded of the great dad that he is and see just how much he saves my sanity by helping out every evening and watching the kids so I can run errands in peace. Since we spent last weekend in Houston, I hadn't been able to do any grocery shopping and my cupboards were looking pitifully bare. I actually pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store two different times with the intention of going shopping, but decided to abort both times - I just couldn't face going into the store with three tired and less than obedient children. So instead, we lived off of our food storage until Andrew came home - and I went shopping at 6:30 this morning... by myself.
2 comments:
I hear ya about the shopping alone thing -- It is the WORST right now with the boys -- it turns into a whiny, teary, pleading session full of "I wants." Not my idea of a good time. And I hate it when Chris is gone -- I can do it physically, but emotionally I feel terrible. Glad Andrew's home . . .
I always feel sorry for the parents that are out numbered at the store. I have a hard enough time shopping with my other half...
Post a Comment