I don't make a habit of eavesdropping, but while at the playground the other day I happened to overhear one young mom giving advice to another about starting Bible study in their home. She was talking about how awkward it was for her and her husband to start their study together as a couple. I must admit I had never thought about how such a thing could be awkward and realize that in large part that is due to the gospel lifestyle in which my husband and I have been raised. It just seemed natural to pray together and study the scriptures together and wasn't really something we had to learn to do - although as our family grows, the habit has waxed and waned and required some tweaking here and there. I am so very grateful for the openness about spiritual things that our beliefs and traditions encourage while still keeping them sacred and special. I hope we can teach our children as well as our parents have taught us.
1 comment:
so true!
Post a Comment