It's strawberry season here in Texas.... more than worthy of a trip out to Fredericksburg to pick a few (read 18) pounds. The kids had a great time looking for the ones that were red all the way to the top - although we seemed to end up with a few that weren't quite red as well.
And Lincoln helped out with a little bit of quality control.
So now we have buckets and buckets of strawberries to play with! Oh.... the possibilities are endless... I think we'll start with simple strawberries and cream and then move on to waffles with strawberries and strawberry trifle and strawberry cake and strawberry bread and, of course, strawberry jam and maybe even this lovely concoction. Mmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. By the way Grandma... Leah wants to make a strawberry pie just for you, so when should we expect to see you?
Mmm... Strawberries!







2 comments:
Strawberries! I understand now! I love the pictures and seems like Lincoln has the right idea. You pick, he eats. How could life get any better?
HEB has a really cool magazine out called "goodness" I think and has several fun strawberry recipes...thanks for going with us we had a good time.
Post a Comment