Monday, December 22, 2008

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

This year, we put up our Christmas tree the first Saturday in December - we put it up on a table so it was out of Peter-reach and told the kids they it was just for looking, not touching... but apparently it was just too tempting. After several upsets and a couple of broken ornaments (not sure what I was thinking there), I turned into Mommy Grinch and put the tree in the garage - a week later.

On Sunday, we decided to try again. This time we had the kids do ALL the work - hoping it will give them a sense of ownership and save the tree from another visit to "Santa's Workshop".
Did you know it is a rule that you have to wear reindeer antlers while you decorate a Christmas tree?

So far, it seems to have worked. We should be able to last the few days until Christmas, right?

2 comments:

Corrine said...

your tree looked nice yesterday, glad you had it up...i am a big grinch this year.

Charly said...

So I should have let my kittens decorate mine?