My parents were both raised in the Lutheran faith - which resulted in some really fun and meaningful traditions for us as we were growing up. One of my favorites was always Advent - the time of anticipation of the Christ Child's coming. We would receive advent calendars from our grandparents every year (the kind where you open a door each day to find a surprise behind it), but my favorite was always the one my mom made that would hang on the wall. I loved it so much that I made one for my family...
Everyday we get to hang a new ornament on the tree and read a little note explaining the symbolism of the ornament and why it helps us think of Christ. We started last night for Family Night and I thought I'd share by posting an advent section in the sidebar to help us all look forward to the coming of the Christ Child.







3 comments:
i'd love to hear what ornaments and symbolism you use. growing up, we also had an advent calendar similar to this one, but there were no notes OR symbolism-- just ornaments! i even made a calendar for one of my sisters a couple years ago, but still haven't gotten around to making my own.
That is really cute! We are enjoying our advent calendars this year too!
we had one almost identical to that one. :)
PS have a give away on my site :)
Post a Comment