Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kite Festival

We had one of the best ward activities today - a kite festival!
It was so much fun to get out there and see your kite rise up in the air - the day started out with a downpour, but you can see that it ended up being perfect weather for the activity!


Leah did a great job flying her Barbie kite... and won an award for the girliest kite :)
Unfortunately, our other kite took a hard nose dive early on that splintered its ribbing, so we didn't get to fly it after that. Should be an easy fix though, so we'll have to try it another day.


Despite the fun of kite flying, I think the boys may have had more fun playing in the sand of the baseball field... boys and dirt - not much can compete with that!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have an awesome set of pictures of Bret and Alex flying a kite in the field next to our Wisconsin house. What a fun thing to do for a ward activity - I'll have to remember it.