Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break

Spring Break always kind of throws me for a loop. I get very accustomed to having just the two little boys all day and suddenly I have to entertain four of them! I guess it's a good wake up call to get me planning for summer, but still... What do you do with four children for a week? Here's what we came up with:

DAY 1 - Monday

We went on a nature scavenger hunt - to find the letters of the alphabet! We did pretty well!
I think we're only missing Q and R - although some of the letters are a little sketchy...

DAY 2 - Tuesday

We trimmed a lot of trees and winter scrub from the back yard and started getting our garden ready for planting - however, since we're not quite ready for planting yet...It's turned into a pseudo sandbox.

DAY 3 - Wednesday

We managed to set up playdates for both of the older kids - and Andrew was off work today - so we worked on our list of house projects (refilling water barrels, cleaning out the garage, putting away winter clothes, etc) Of course, we probably spent more time playing with these two cuties :)

DAY 4 - Thursday

Andrew and the kids started work on a fort made from the branches we cut a couple of days ago - they didn't make a lot of progress since they kept stopping to play soccer and get snacks and play in the "sandbox".

DAY 5 - Friday

Driving down to Houston for the weekend. We got in right around lunchtime and just hung out in the backyard riding bikes and playing with plastic bugs and magnifying glasses. Andrew and I were able to take advantage of the babysitting to get to the temple and visit with my brother afterwards. Thanks Mom!

No comments: