Sunday, June 29, 2008

O Canada!

As some of you may have picked up in the previous posts, we just got back from a little vacation in Vancouver, British Columbia. Andrew had a work-related conference to attend, so Peter and I decided to tag along - and we had a wonderful time! It was nice to escape the heat for a few days as well.

Peter turned out to be a wonderful traveling companion. He spent most of the time strapped to me in his wrap carrier and even managed to take a few naps that way. The rest of the time he looked for people to charm with his huge smile.
In fact, he charmed the ladies so well at a little market we had been going to that they bestowed him with gifts everytime we came around - including a very messy chocolate cupcake! I wish I could have taken this picture before I cleaned him up a little, but my hands were covered with chocolate as well, so we had to hose down before leaving the store...

I think Peter mostly enjoyed having us to himself for a few days. He was sleeping in a playpen in the hotel room and we kind of created a blockade with the bedspreads so he wouldn't see us, but there were a couple of nights when he wasn't tired enough to fall straight to sleep. We'd hear him rustling around a little and then his little head would pop up over the edge of the crib and he'd peer around with a big grin on his face when he caught our eye.

1 comment:

Marci said...

that picture of you with peter is really cute..