...Or should I say blackberries and peaches? We spent the day picking lots and lots of luscious fruit with Grandpa and Lisa at an
orchard near Hempstead. It was hot, but we had a lot of fun.


Even Peter lent a hand... conducting random taste tests to be sure we were only picking the juiciest berries ; )

We took a break every now and then to cool down...

And ended up with an impressive amount of fruit that we split so all could enjoy.
(We even gave some to Ryan because we like him.)

We ended the morning with a picnic lunch and some homemade peach and blackberry ice cream.
Thanks to Grandpa, Peter got his first taste of the wonderful stuff and was instantly hooked.
Of course, we then had to spend all afternoon cleaning and freezing the fruit, but it was worth it! Especially when it came time for dessert... with a little help from the Pioneer Woman, we had the most mouthwatering
blackberry cobbler and
peach crisp with Blue Bell ice cream. Mmmm!
3 comments:
I can't imagine how hot it was (because it is only 75 here) but it sure looks good!!
I love summer when you can eat things straight off the bush,tree, whatever. I love watching my kids discover summer's bounty as well, especially for the first time, like Peter. It looks like it was a lot of fun!
looks like a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment