Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love My Man!

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetheart! I hope this doesn't embarrass him too much, but I saw this on a friend's blog and decided to consider myself tagged :) So here's my shout out to my best friend...

His Name: Andrew Thorley
How long have you been married? 7 1/2 years and not itching yet :)
How long did you date? 9 months...and we were engaged for 3 months... which might as well have been forever according to our friends. During that year, 5 other couples in our ward met, started dating, got engaged, and got married! Crazy!
How old is he? 38 but no one ever believes it.
Who eats more? Definitely him... and he eats faster than anyone else I know (with the possible exception of his brother Sam)
Who said "I love you" first? He did...I think I went into shock when he said it! It was during a fireside where we happened to be sitting next to my parents! I think I scared him when I finally got over my shock and said we'd talk later. The best part was that the speaker at the fireside was someone I knew and he decided to use me as an example in his talk on making life choices... something to the effect of "If the guy you're dating..."
Who is taller? He is... but he always thought I'd be taller
Who sings better? Again, he does - I'm not bad in a choir, but if we're singing acapella I have a hard time staying in one key
Who is smarter? I think I'll leave this for others to decide
Whose temper is worse? It depends on who is hungrier or has gotten the least amount of sleep
Who does the laundry? That would be me... so I can satisfy my compulsive need to be energy efficient and biodegradable and all that fun stuff.
Who does the dishes? We both do... and I must say that it is always nice when I don't have to do them :)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Andrew... that way he's closer to the door so he can protect me - somehow, in every place we've lived our bed has been positioned so he's always on the right and closest to the door.
Who pays the bills? I do - in fact, I should probably do better at telling him what I'm doing so he won't be totally lost if he ever has to take over.
Who mows the lawn? Andrew... this is where his compulsive needs kick in
Who cooks dinner? I do.. usually.. although Andrew does make great chili and taco meat and, as his sister Nellie says, other brown foods :)
Who drives when you are together? He does - he makes me nervous when I drive
Who is more stubborn? He's a Thorley... enough said.
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine - they live the closest and until recently, we also had the closest grandkids
Who proposed? Where? He did but not before he tried to break things off - and even though I knew it was coming he still managed to surprise me. He took me to Spanish Grant in Galveston - the beach where we went on our first date to a ward activity... we even went to eat at the same restaurant first and I still didn't clue in! Ahh... I can still smell the seaweed now :)
Who has more siblings? Andrew has 2 sisters and 4 brothers, I have 1 sister and 3 brothers - he beats me on both counts
What is your song? We kind of have two - "I Love You" by Martina McBride and "I'm Old Fashioned" by John Coltrane (which was playing in the car as we drove to the beach when he proposed)

How lucky am I! I have a husband who is not only my best friend, but also a great dad to our beautiful kids... he laughs with me and cries with me (or at least hands me a tissue when I get all weepy) and helps me stay on the straight and narrow. Seeing his testimony in action has helped me to strengthen my own because I know I don't want to spend eternity without him by my side. I love you Andrew!
So, if you feel like shouting your love from the rooftops... consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

Patricia Hodge said...

I stole your questions and put them on my personal blog. Thanks for the great idea.