
In talking to other SAHMs, it seems that one of the things that gives us headaches is figuring out what to make for dinner. We all know that it makes life easier if we plan this out ahead of time so we can shop accordingly and actually have the ingredients on hand, etc.... but more often than not we find ourselves trying to scrape something together from the remnants of our pantry and freezer. So, in an attempt to make myself plan ahead of time and maybe provide some inspiration for others, I have added a sidebar showing what we plan to eat for dinner this week.
I usually only plan 5 meals, figuring we'll have leftovers one night and some form of breakfast foods (pancakes, waffles, eggs, etc.) on another. I'll only list the main entree, we usually eat at least two fruits or vegetables as well, but vegetarians beware because we do like our meat around here - even if it's just for flavor. If I'm using a recipe I found online, I'll link to it - but the main idea here is to get you thinking about it and planning ahead. So good luck and eat well! With a little luck, maybe we can make our lives a little less stressful!







4 comments:
I LOVE this idea -- I can't believe how on top of it you are . . . I am totally going to use this! Thanks! XO
This is great!!! I love you Michele!!
Hey Mike - wonderful idea! I am usually great at planning meals and buying the groceries - not so good at actually following through with making them. A planned meal has been known to linger on my list for a week or two. I might copy this idea on my own blog and hope the accountability will inspire me. Maybe it will encourage Aaron to actually read our blog sometimes too.
Oh, but you should list the sides too - I have problems remembering and choosing sides and would love some pairing ideas.
Post a Comment