Friday, October 9, 2009

My Bags are Packed...

Yesterday was the day I woke up feeling just kind of icky and unwieldy and really ready to have the baby out rather than in.

Some friends of ours from Japan once told us (when we were expecting our first baby) that we needed to invite the baby to come when we were ready. At the time I was overdue with Leah and we were willing to try anything - and it worked!

So... now that we are back in our house with some semblance of order, we've gotten the important paperwork out of the way to finalize our refinance (and closing looks to be about a week away), I've finally packed a small hospital bag, found the car seat, set up the bassinet, and my doctor is on call this weekend...

We would like to issue an official invitation to our little one to come join our family! We can't wait to meet you!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope he/she comes soon! I am ready to be done too but I still have to wait ;) I hope everything goes well!

merathon said...

oh yes-- we've passed that advice from yuko on to many of our friends and family! (although i still don't understand why kendall had to come LONG before the time we were ready to invite her!)

here's hoping that baby listens to your invitation and comes TONIGHT!

Alexa said...

Hooray for being so close! I hope that baby comes soon, too, I love seeing tiny newborns!

Oh, and were you talking about the Satos? I've sure missed them, does anyone have their contact info? Please, please pass it on if you do.

Sarah said...

Good luck! Best wishes! How exciting!

katharine said...

We are here if you need help with anything!

Erin said...

Good luck. I still say plan on 42 weeks and then you can only be pleasantly surprised!

Nellie said...

Dude. My kids are invited to come at 37-38 weeeks -- sometimes it worked, and others it didn't. Been thinking about you tons -- hope all is well -- can't wait to "meet" our new cousin/neice/nephew. XO